Search This Blog

Sunday 6 October 2013

The Pills

I am now getting to the stage that I need to take more pills, to counteract the side effects of the pills that counteract the side effects of the chemo, which is fighting the cancer.  All this medication (which I don't like taking) makes my brain a bit fuzzy, especially as the day wears on and I add more 

And this is really really cross-ranty-sweary making.

Last night, I decided to try my hand at "Persian Chicken".  I knew I was not going to even touch the sides of the utterly amazing dish produced by my dear friend, E, when she came to stay. (Note to E: both Em and HWISO are asking when you are coming again).  But I had a good go and it was actually met with all round approval.  The melt-down moment came when I boiled the kettle to put the water into the rice.

And I put it in the vegetables instead.  Whilst carefully placing the lid on rice saucepan with the rice and no water.  And walked away.  And then threw a complete hissy fit when I discovered what I had done 10 minutes later - lots of slamming cupboard doors, cursing that "I can't even cook fucking rice now!" and a little "Time Out" moment needed, whilst Em and HWISO fixed it.

I am trying to accept it but just now, I do wish that there was a one pill that fixed all.  Sigh.

Meanwhile, I feel a bit like this....


No comments:

Post a Comment