Search This Blog

Monday 28 October 2013

Winding down

It is strange to be so peaceful up here and have time to relax.  Somehow at home there is always one more thing to do, one more pile to move upstairs, one more load of washing, one more comment to make.  This house is so small that I have surprised myself by remembering what it is that I have come into another room for and even managed to remember why I was clutching a white t- shirt, having carried it all the way downstairs. Such a nice relief for the chemo brain to not feel entirely lost at sea for most of the day.

It has made me realise though that I really need to slow down more and stop doing all this stuff.  I now realise that there is no way I will make the Carers Conference in London on 19th November. Two hours without a rest in a bed is all I can manage and I am not sure that I really want a bed in the IoP just yet....

I had a lovely email from RM overnight - just to let you know it was perfect and, frustratingly my lovely Monday photo from Purple, which I can't download on my phone.  Sigh. It will have to wait until I get home.

I am missing the ModSquad and wanting to chat to Laura and haven't been able to read the forum.  However, I have read the newspapers, spent time with my children, annoyed the heck and tarnation out of HWISO and really rested. There's always a good side.

No comments:

Post a Comment