Search This Blog

Sunday 8 September 2013

Science of the Mind

I had a bit of a "reading day" yesterday and read this article and its fascinating insight into the biology of depression.

Whilst I loved it, I am slightly jealous that the author managed to put down the stuff that I know, so clearly.  Why can't I assemble my scattered knowledge like that?

I hope that everyone will at least read it and try and understand that, whilst Professor Kandel has made me slightly green with his clarity, he is able to bring a deeper understanding of how biology underpins Mental Health problems.

"In years to come, this increased understanding of the physical workings of our brain will provide us with important insight into brain disorders, whether psychiatric or neurological. But if we persevere, it will do even more: it will give us new insights into who we are as human beings."

No comments:

Post a Comment