Search This Blog

Friday 6 September 2013

Feeling like a princess

having been so spoilt by Sue and Rachel - chauffeur driver at the station, amazing lunch and OH OH OH that tiramisu!  Little bags of delicious goodies.  Sunshine, a glass of wine and stimulating conversation, ranging from Russian politics, Syria, eating disorders, politics, paintings, Simon Sebag-Montefiore via children, education, careers and politics (How did we fit all that in in 3 hours?), whilst casting adoring glances at Moishe, as he gazed adoring back at me....

For me, it was quite intimidating company - the author of one of my new favourite books, Molotov's Magic Lantern and the MD of Dove Spa.  Both amazingly brilliant and successful women and two of the nicest people I know.

It was one of those days when I realised how kinship through a shared experience transcends all thse self-imposed barriers to communication - in my case, my doubt in my intellectual ability and my patent lack of any kind of meaningful career - to make a meeting such as this, a comfortable experience as well as a highly stimulating one. It was a perfect lunch with friends.

Those two rock.

But not as much as Moishe.  Please note Sue took the photo, whilst M looked at me.




1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, as you know, Moishe lay adoringly under your chair all through lunch. After you left, he mooned around for the rest of the day with a faraway look in his eyes. He loves you and knows what you are, Charlotte, and so do we. You are witty and brilliant and generous, and you fill every moment with purpose and fun (wonderfully combined). And you are also the most powerful communicator I know: there is nothing anyone could teach you about how to use the written word, or about vocation, for that matter. What a lovely time we three had. Thank you both so much. x

    ReplyDelete