Search This Blog

Sunday 15 September 2013

Oh the shame

So the radiator in my bedroom leaked when we turned the heating on, on Tuesday and soaked a large area of the carpet.  HWISO did something fancy with a spanner and stopped the water, put a dehumidifier in my room (with lots of strict instructions about keeping the door shut) and made ranty phone calls to the company who had put the new radiator in in March.  The upshot of all this is that the company are coming back to fix the radiator AND the Aga, which is also bust on Monday.

The night before last, I realised that sleeping in a room with a wet carpet was not doing me any good - sore throat, sore eyes and headache.  So last night, I moved to the spare room, taking pillows, alarm clock and my bedside light, which is one of those touch tones ones that has dim, normal and ultra bright settings.  I arranged the pillows in the rather complicated pattern that I need and fell asleep very quickly

At 2 am this morning, I went to turn on my light to go for a pee.  It didn't work.  So I tried the other bedside light.  It didn't work.  So I had to get up and turn on the main light.  In doing so, I realised that changing beds had made my back "go".  In fact, I was crook.

So I did what any self respecting girl would do.  I felt really sorry for myself.  So sorry for myself, in fact, that I might even have cried a tiny little bit.  No splaying across the bed, weeping and wailing - the back won't allow for that - but sitting bolt upright on the edge of the bed, with cold feet resting on the floor, staying as immobile as I could, leaking a little from the ocular area.

Which is where HWISO, driven by some inner psychic power, found me.

And went upstairs to the fuse box to fix the lights, plumped up my pillows, found me loo roll to wipe my nose, made a cup of tea for me and generally made all the right noises and said all the right things.  He went back to bed and back to sleep.

And, dear reader, that's why I married him.

(Picture taken 2008, in Pony Meadow, the field by our house.  The crop is Rape.  The poppies were amazing that year)

No comments:

Post a Comment