Search This Blog

Sunday 29 September 2013

It's my Birthday

Courtesy of Laura Collins.  And I have had lots of lovely birthday greetings.  I must say that if it carries on like this, I shall be quite exhausted by the end of the month.

I had a lovely Sunday morning phone call with Tim, in Italy.  We were talking a lot about throwing things away once they were broken and not, like Mum, putting random bits of wood and metal into boxes to be "fixed" later.  I keep finding the most peculiar things in random boxes - yesterday's joy was a golf tee, two drawing pins, three material balls from a long lost "handicraft" project of the children's and two, obviously vital, bits of metal with a hardened half tube of superglue.  Why?  Tim spent an hour yesterday changing plugs and fuses on extension leads that were clearly faulty.  He has now thrown them away.  Which I hope will please his new house guest and helper, R (seen here on balcony outside local Pizza Restaurant - doncha wish the view from YOUR Pizza Hut was like that?).  




We are arranging a family weekend in November when we three siblings are all going to try and get together (Tim is coming over for a couple of weeks - YAY) in Southwold.  It will be lovely.  

I am looking forward to chemo tomorrow as the shoulder is darn painful at the moment.  Partly because I have been overusing it - I am hard at work with a new update on Nelly, but beginning to run out of swearwords. And partly because I keep rolling over on it in my sleep, despite a positive Berlin Wall of pillows to stop me doing it.  One of the downsides of this cancer lark is not being able to roll over in your sleep like you used to.  Sigh.  

Autumn is definitely in the air and nights are drawing in.  In a way, I am sad the summer is over.  It has been lovely.  But with autumn comes wood fires and cosy pjs.  So I decided to take off the chipped nail polish from my toe nails.  I wish I hadn't.  As I have blogged before, one of the side effects of chemo is to destroy the nail beds sometimes and, at the end of the Docetaxal, my nails were extremely painful.  Now the nail varnish has gone, I can see why. Let's just say, I have long nails on my tootsies and not much nail bed.  Should I cut them?

I have been going through some of Mum's photos and almost crying about hair.  I know.  I know.  I am obsessed with my hair.  I just can't quite believe how bad some of my hair cuts were.

(Mum LOVED me in this outfit.  She kept the photo.  WHY??  There isn't even a dog in it)


Mind you, I think Mum was trying to have a Farrah Fawcett moment.  


At least the dogs are in this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment