Search This Blog

Friday 30 August 2013

My on-line life

I was suddenly struck by inspiration last night and opened up a conversation between the Fairy Blogmother and my school friend, Caroline, because of something my achingly trendy friend, Lydia, said.

Of course, I know who Laura is and that she has two names.  Caroline follows my blog and stuff on FB and I assumed that she would know who Laura was, despite the fact that I was not using the "Laura Collins" email address.

I nosespat my nice glass of Burgundy - yes, B, you were right.  Red is better for chronic pain than rose - when this popped up in my inbox

"Laura Collins of the blue hair episode"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that the woman who saved my daughter's life, founded an on-line support forum for parents and carers of children with eating disorders and is probably one of the most famous parent advocates in the eating disorders world is henceforth to be known as "blue hair episode".  

I'm opting for laughing because it really tickles me to keep repeating "blue hair episode" whenever I see Laura's name.....


2 comments:

  1. I can think of no legacy better than this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way I always think of her, too. --Malia

    ReplyDelete