Search This Blog

Monday 26 August 2013

Sweet and sour?

My lovely friend, B, in Australia listened to moaning about food tasting horrid, whilst having chemo.  I said to her that eating, especially the three days directly after chemo, was a mechanical process and definitely not for enjoyment, as everything tastes of salt.  (Even the mouthwash that turns your teeth yellow!)

I have just got back to enjoying salty foods again - scratch that, all food again and am quite proud that I am one of the chemo patients that is actually putting on weight whilst undergoing a pretty stringent chemo routine.  But with chemo on Wednesday, I know I am back to eating food that tastes like swallowing sea-water for a couple of weeks.

I am in quite a good position to know how important eating regular nutrition is and often have to remind myself just to plod on through.  Although I don't have the psychological stuff that goes with an eating disorder, I do find it ironic that I too have to tell myself to eat, and eat enough.

B sent me this through the email today.  It is nice to know I am not alone.

Doesn't make it any easier though.

So I shall slurp in the Rose (and something bubbly tomorrow night with Bill and Mary-B!) and keep eating the crisps and humus and I will damn well enjoy every single mouthful......

No comments:

Post a Comment