Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Impatient advocate

I like working as part of the F.E.A.S.T parent advocate team.  Our scattered worldwide members are all trying individually and as a group, to change things by email, letter, meetings, internet commenting, advice on the forum and generally making a noise.

But just sometimes, I want to shout out loud about something but can't, because others are working on it and trying to remedy the situation, without my shooting my mouth off and jeopardising their hard-won progress.  Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.  However, with my somewhat shortened time span to tackle these things, I do want to roll up my sleeves and plunge in.  My blogs on Sheppard Pratt are such an example and, no, I have not heard a word from them in justification but would be happy to share anything they choose to send to me.

However, having been privvy to the ravings of an "outlier" this morning, I am glad that I am part of a worldwide organisation of parents.  It gives me a chance to have some of my more "radical" approaches to changing treatment tempered by those with more level heads and long-term plans.

Being part of a team is constricting at times but at least I come across as vaguely sane....... 

1 comment:

  1. You come across as very sane, which sadly can't be said of all. That's a pity for those who aren't very sane, their families and those on the receiving end of any insanity, but I hope that they realise that ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlFQvbHVk5o

    ReplyDelete