Search This Blog

Thursday 6 September 2012

Words fail me



Sometimes there is stuff I know and I am unable to explain it in any coherent way.  I get distracted and wander off on another tangent and get bogged down in epigenetics.  Sometimes I need to borrow Science of Eds' wonderful brain and fluid writing style and from now on, when someone asks me about why people find the idea of an eating disorder having a genetic component harmful, I will send them here.

For me, the idea that an eating disorder is heritable but not solely responsible makes a lot of sense. It stops an eating disorder being an "ongoing behavioural choice".  It takes away the blame.  However, I have never looked at the flip side or understood it as clearly.  I never regarded it as a disincentive to recovery.

When I grow up I want to be Tetyana.


No comments:

Post a Comment