Search This Blog

Sunday 19 February 2012

Organisation Part 3

Mum is coming for lunch today.  We haven't seen her since Christmas, due to her overfull social diary, the terrible weather and her bout of pneumonia, that she only 'fessed up to last weekend.

The plan is to keep her downstairs at all costs.  I have uncovered the secret drawer where all the "brown" jumpers are and found the secret nook where the jeans are hidden.  However, due to half term and hours spent chasing down Highways Agency on the internet, the organisation is not quite what it was in early December.

The sun has finally come out and I am hoping this will ease my black dog a little.  I have been inspired by the Fairy Blogmother and have pinched this from her blog - thank you, Katie.

“While wandering a deserted beach at dawn, stagnant in my work, I saw a man in the distance bending and throwing as he walked the endless stretch toward me. As he came near, I could see that he was throwing starfish, abandoned on the sand by the tide, back into the sea. When he was close enough I asked him why he was working so hard at this strange task. He said that the sun would dry the starfish and they would die. I said to him that I thought he was foolish. there were thousands of starfish on miles and miles of beach. One man alone could never make a difference. He smiled as he picked up the next starfish. Hurling it far into the sea he said, "It makes a difference for this one." I abandoned my writing and spent the morning throwing starfish.” 
 Loren Eiseley

1 comment:

  1. Have a lovely day with your Momma :)

    We have sun up North too. I plan to go and feed to over-fat waterfoul in the local park.

    I love that quote, by the way.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete